Tuesday 8 January 2008

They remind me of Joey!






I had to go to a place called Leone Island today to take down an old emergency hut and as we had a few hours I thought I'd go and sit with the locals and discuss a few things. As you can imagine they didn't have much to say but they do come across as such placid creatures and when I took the pics would only have been about five feet away! Maybe it's because they're so enormous and haven't got the energy or because they don't have many predators that they don't seem to care? I'm not sure but then I don't think it matters when you can get pics like this. There is a Crab eater (the one with the side profile/ teeth out), a couple of Weddel's (cute one and one with 15 chins) and an Elephant seal (the big ugly one).
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Graham
Really nice photos. You don't have much colour there, having said that, you have more than we have - only grey over here. The Crown and the lads are all fine. The smoking area is still not finished; it might be by the time you get back.
Keep posting and don't work to hard.
Cheers
Howard

Anonymous said...

Hi Graham
I've put up a couple of posters in The Crown pointing people in this direction. How about some photos of your living accommodation and work mates etc?
Cheers

Anonymous said...

More pingu piccies please

Anonymous said...

Hello from BBC Radio Shropshire! Would love to talk to you on the air--any chance you could call us sometime if you have access to a phone!! Uk 01743 248321 any morning before 0900 uk time and ask for Jane or Liz